I presented the video above as a starting point of my comment because it addresses a major of my choice: psychology.  This person suggests and it doesn’t make sense to study for anything else then medical field and engineering/computer science. He graduated with psychology major and feels disappointed. Well, he should have educated himself about opportunities that BA in psychology give. I agree that the opportunities with BA in psychology are not to many and certainly not well paid. You can be a social worker or psychiatric assistant and they are not paid much above the minimum wage. If someone wants to just stop at the BA level, the degree is only the addition to other skills, second major or experience. The employer will look at this major as giving maybe better understanding of people or expect better writing skills from college graduate. However, a dream of becoming a psychologist requires extended education into the Ph.D. program. This is what I intend to do and I argue every point this young person has made in the above video. First, it is not pointless to pursue other degrees because in every field there are successful people and there are failures in the desirable fields. I know of graphic design graduate who is a sales manager in a fitness club. I know of a computer science graduate who is a carpenter. If you don’t have a “feel” for the field, studying it just because it’s been told to guarantee a well paid job is just not wise. A degree is just a small portion of our abilities, talents and personality. It all has to be taken into consideration. And many more factors. I want to become a psychologist, specifically sport psychologist, and I need a Ph.D. degree to be one. No way around it that I know of. A career of a sport psychologist is not easy and not well paid if you just want to execute what you have learned at school. I have some ideas that seem to be revolutionary and I hope that the graduate research settings will allow me to test and further explore options. If my ideas will show significant results, I will become successful on international level and surely make a lot of money. Sport is a not only ever growing field but also thriving in any economy!  What, however if my ideas will fail? I am old enough to take this option into account and have a plan B. Precisely because I do not bet all my money on my success, I want to pursue clinical psychology and I will feel happy to work in hospital settings or as a part of a psychiatrist’s team. What are my job perspectives in that field? On any job posting websites, I have found listings for clinical psychologist. According to the census bureau the field is growing at 22% which is faster then average and the average salary is $68,640. I feel pretty content with those numbers and do not regret my decision to reenter college for career change.